Social media marketing is essential to people involved in digital marketing. Potential customers can be targeted through social media websites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook because of the growing subscription. However, digital marketing professionals are not armed with the skills to gauge success on joining these networks.
The low cost of entry has attracted many companies to join the social media. It is easy to get fans and followers, build a profile page and set up an account free of charge. The question is, how would the digital marketing professional know how to benefit from the right social media channel?
The following tips tell you how to add value to the process and gauge the benefits of your social media promotion.
1. Set targets that are measurable.
Define specific objectives in relation to your client’s organizational approach such as:
- Setting a specific number of followers o fans to get for the purpose of branding.
- Diverting traffic to your company website for lead generation.
- Customer service through the response and replying to feedback.
Set targets and dates on which to measure them.
2. Stipulate performance measurements
Consider what you aim to be. Different marketing strategies have different performance indicators. These include the following:
- The frequency of responses to blog posts.
- Fan subscription figures after a particular digital marketing exercise.
- Rankings for an article, photo or video.
- Click-through rate (CTR).
- Conversion rate.
- Time taken by new visitors to your site website.
- Customer response.
3. Establish the framework for the measurement of metrics
Learn how web tracking tools work before their installation. You can employ Google Analytics on your website and Facebook Fan Page. Digital marketers on Facebook and YouTube will also be able to employ these tools. Other tools include Alterian, Social Mention, Lithium and Radian 6.
The frequency of data examination is essential. It ranges from hourly to annually. You can tell what works, when and how including what may be required. This will help make you operation more profitable.